Thursday, January 23, 2014

Get to Know Brittany, President of B&G Designs!

Hi Everyone! My name is Lindsay Durniak and I am a blog writer here at B&G Designs! Over the past week I have gotten in touch with Brittany Lockwood, President of B&G, and talked to her about the business and how her life has changed since its inception. The interview below provides fantastic insight into B&G Designs and the amazing woman who started it all!

Lindsay Durniak: Did you always envision owning and running your own small business?

Brittany Lockwood: Ever since I was a child and received my first toy cash register I have been an entrepreneur. From making and selling marker-ink colored Kleenex as tie-dye tissues on the playground in Elementary school now to owning B&G Designs. This has become much more than I ever expected. I am eternally grateful to each and everyone of our brand ambassadors because I know we would not be where we are today without them.

LD: Why did you choose hair accessories as your product line?

BL: Hair accessories can be expensive; they can also be that final touch on the perfect outfit. We wanted to make it so that college women who are on tight budgets can still feel good about what they put in their hair. That crease you get when you put your hair up in a ponytail? I always hated that when I would go and take my hair down so that was our starting point. We then expanded into hair bows and head bands, we couldn’t resist how cute they looked in our hair.

LD: Where do you see B&G Designs going in the next 10 years?

BL: This is such a heavy question! Obviously I would love to see B&G Designs thrive. In 10 years it would be amazing to have paid employees and our products in boutiques or even our own stores. Right now we are taking it day by day and focusing on our morals and what this company was founded on. Those are two important values that even in 10 years we never want to lose.

LD: How is it working with one of your sorority sisters?

BL: Amazing. We work so well together. Gia is more of the creative side and I am definitely more business minded so we have worked really well together. Before we brought our brand ambassadors on, it was just us two in charge of everything. Luckily we both had backgrounds in both sides of our company so that everything flowed.

LD: When you aren’t working, what are some of your favorite things to do?

BL: When I’m not working? Does that time exist? Haha. I love spending time with my family and friends. Exploring nearby cities or even just taking my dogs on a walk around the neighborhood. I LOVE shopping. Probably more than I should, but I can’t help myself!

LD: Do you have a favorite product? Why is it your favorite?

BL: This is so hard! I love all of our products. If I had to pick just one it would definitely be my personalized grey bow. Grey is such a classic color that goes with pretty much everything, on top of that, having my initials makes it that much more my own which I love.

LD: What is your favorite part about working at B&G?

BL: My favorite part is definitely being able to interact with men and women across the country. Some of my best friends are also ambassadors so it’s nice we can have a business relationship and a friendship.

LD: Finally, how has owning your own small business impacted your life?

BL: It has definitely made me more responsible. B&G Designs is my baby and I have to take care of it. Even though I’ve delegated a lot of things to the brand ambassadors I still need to have the final word and make sure everything is running smoothly.

Love Always,
Lindsay Durniak
B&G Blog Writer
writer3.bgdesigns@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment