Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer Wardrobe Series: By The Water

Let's go to the beach each, let's go get a wave. 

Now that that's out of the way. On to the important stuff in this post: what to wear by the water. Summer is finally among us, and that means trips to the beach, lake, river, pool, or any body of water. You're not alone thinking that you have no idea what to wear! The girls at B&G want to make the packing list a little easier on you!

First, let's start with the item that you do not want to be without: a swimsuit! There are tons of bikinis that are in style this summer whether they have sequins, patterns, cute backs, or just your regular triangle top. Check out our previous post specifically on swimsuits! If you go to Target, you are sure to find something to suit your fancy! Another good thing about shopping at Target is there are always sales. I have bought plenty of swim suits from Target that have lasted me years.
If bikinis aren't what you feel comfortable in, don't feel discouraged! There are tons of cute tankinis if you want something to allow some sun on your back. Otherwise, there are always one pieces. I know what you're thinking right now. A one piece? No way! Well, I'm not talking about the ones that swimmers wear and get those awful X and O tan lines on their backs. (Trust me, it's taken me years to get rid of mine...) There are one pieces out there that have halters and are really cute! They might even be better if you're going to be in a lake doing jet skis and other things!


Floppy hats are becoming a must have on the beach these days! I recently bought one with my monogram on it. I love it for laying out by the water and reading a book. I didn't think it would make a difference of seeing my book, but I don't strain my eyes nearly as much! Not to mention the fact that I am saving the sun from hitting my face and causing wrinkles...


Another essential when hitting the water is a cover up. My favorite cover up is a dress that I found at TJ Maxx. It is a knee length dress that is towel material. It is a tube top type of dress with elastic around the breast to the waist. It is super cute over a bathing suit or alone with a cute set of flip flops! Really, any flowing dress is cute over a swim suit or without when by the water. I add flowing because we all have been sunburned before...The last thing you want to put on your sunburn is tight clothing...

*All pictures were found on Pinterest*

Stay fabulous and enjoy the water!
Morgan
www.thecollegebblogger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment