Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Joy


If you're following B&G Designs on Pinterest, you have probably seen this quote pinned on there. If you aren't following us, here is the link to check us out

This quote is one that specifically called out to me when I was going through our "Quotable" board. Over the past few months, I have really started trying to focus on the good things in my life. I understand how hard it is to see how good life actually is when there are so many other things to worry about. We've got college, work, boys, friendships, sororities, and the list goes on. When one thing goes wrong, it starts to feel like nothing in the world can go right anymore. Maybe that's just me, but I cannot be the only one in the world who has these thoughts. Granted, I tend to be a little overly dramatic, but that is beside the point. 

The way that I have personally been working on finding peace and joy in my life has been to take time out of every day and think of 3 things that are good in my life. When I first decided to do this, I thought 3 would be too hard, so I started off with just 1. (Note: I was going through a very stressful time.) These good things don't have to be huge things. Sometimes mine were as simple as 1) I had my favorite meal at dinner today, 2) I got to talk to my mom on the phone, and 3) there are __ many days until summer break. 

Once, I started looking at the small good things in my life, I realized that it's not as bad as I thought it was. I remembered how lucky I am and that the bad things manage to get fixed at some point. 

What are some of the good things going on in your life right now? Comment below if you're brave enough to share!

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment